Au Revoir 2017! Goodbye…
2017 was a year of change, adventure and fun. It was a year of personal rediscovery and growth. Here is a list of 17 accomplishments of 2017.
- We adopted our beloved giant English Cream golden retriever puppy Elvis.
- I said “Goodbye!” to my 22 year career in the newspaper industry.
- My mom, son, granddaughter and I went on an adventure across six states.
- We visited several National Parks and Monuments: The Pinnacles, The Grand Canyon, The Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Grand Staircase Escalante Monument, Kings Canyon, Death Valley, and Yosemite.
- I switched to non alcoholic beverages. I quit drinking for better health and to be a better role model.
- We sold our camper; and purchased a motor home.
- I started a travel blog on wordpress.
- We purchased annual passes to Disneyland and had many cherished adventures.
- We lost our beloved Nana.
- We went on endless road trips, exploring new and favorite places.
- We made new friends, and spent quality time with family and friends.
- We hosted a stop on the Sacramento Ohana Crawl.
- I failed; I applied for a franchise and was approved financially but denied because they were over saturated with franchisee owners.
- I was disappointed; I wanted to open a business in my home as we live in historic downtown Sacramento, home of the state capital and the Sacramento Kings, and I was turned down because our home is not zoned commercially, even though we are surrounded by businesses.
- I was faithful to God, listened to his Calling; and grew my family at International Christian Center.
- I drove for Uber and Lift.
- I enjoyed and experienced a full 7 months of being a stay at home mom and travel blogger.
Crushing 18 goals in 2018
Here is my list of 18 goals to be accomplished in 2018! Aim high.
- Listen and follow God.
- Become a millionaire x2.
- Find a new career path or open a business.
- Spend quality time with friends and family.
- Teach Rebekah to sleep independently.
- Train my golden retriever Elvis.
- Finish my degree.
- Become more involved in my church International Christian Center.
- Take a beach vacation with my mom.
- Take an ATV trip with my inlaws.
- Create a revenue stream off my passion of traveling.
- Travel through Canada in my RV.
- Organize my office. Permanently.
- Become an expert at a new computer skill; Learn a new program.
- Travel abroad, exploring another continent.
- Buy a class A RV; sell my current motor home.
- Get rid of my double chin. I said it, this things got to go.
- Hike, Bike and Kayak more.