Listing 18 places to visit and explore in 2018 is harder than it looks. The good news is that I have already decided to visit Canada, now its time to plan the route.
Since I have started blogging, I have learned so much about travel and specifically RV travel from the various Facebook groups like California RV Camping Group, and Living the Dream. I have also started following some interesting travelers on Twitter like @Roadtrippers. Road Trippers offer Road Trip Route Planning on their website roadtrippers.com which I will use for this purpose now.
It pretty easy to use, you start by adding a starting place and a destination, you can add dates if you have them, I chose to leave the date fields blank. The application builds a map for you, next you can add stops if you choose. It’s easy peasy.
Since I am planning to go to Canada, via Oregon and Washington, I will add Vancouver, British Columbia as my destination. This application is great, you can add stops along the way, and it will save your route for future use or you can email or share your trip, via email, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Thinking of locations to visit was easy once I got started, as this list will surely grow.
1. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2. Sea Lion Caves, Florence, Oregon
3. Portland, Oregon
4. Columbia River Gorge, National Scenic Area
5. Victoria, British Colombia, Canada
6. Crater Lake National Park
7. Olympic National Park, Forks, Washington
8. North Cascades National Park
9. Seattle, Washington
1-9 are a single trip, I also plan to visit these locations below which will be short trips.
10. Alabama Hills, California Old westerns were filmed here back in the day. I would love to explore these hills. And I hear its an awesome place for Ninja Camping on BLM land.
11. Lava Beds National Monument for hiking and exploring.
12. Lassen Volcanic National Park for hiking and exploring.
13. Catalina Islands, California. I have never been here before, I think I want to rent a house.
15. Calaveras Big Trees State Park for hiking and exploring.
16. Moss Beach, California for hiking and lunch at Moss Beach Distillery.
17. June Lake, California for a weekend of Kayaking and Fishing.
18. Quad riding between Mammoth Lakes and Yosemite, California.
Ok… making this list was pretty easy to do, in fact, I could keep this list going as more places I would like to visit soon keep coming to mind. The good news for both me and my readers is there are 52 weeks of travel blogs and photo diaries to look forward too.
Have you been to any of these places? Is there something nearby that I should visit, a “Can’t miss!”, please leave me a message.